Friday, February 26, 2010

This Blog

This Blog

Every day I come across new information. As a researcher, I never stop learning.

Gaining the knowledge isn’t the problem. Communicating it to my authors, however, is.

I’ve tried sending info via email. While some respond positively, others turn a blind eye to what I’m trying to inform them of and instead ask when they will be on the NYT bestsellers list.

Kind of like preaching to the choir.

Here, with a blog, I don’t have to worry about ruffling feathers, misunderstood reactions, etc. And I don’t have to worry about who I need to tell what.

My goal is to offer my perspective of the publishing industry. Entwined with the statistics, facts, and trends the publishing industry follows are my personal thoughts, experiences, strategies, and dreams for literature and publishing.

I hope you find this blog informative and helpful. And entertaining. There’s just no point to it if it isn’t at least a little fun!


Question: What have you found to be the best way to communicate the new things you learn about your industry to your peers?

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous blogger. This offers such valuable insight on a taskful day for you and it is great to see your positive outlook and enthusiam. What a gift! It is also great to hear that you are a family oriented career woman! Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete